All Points Broadband is the leading, rural-facing internet service provider in the mid-Atlantic and a four-time honoree on the Inc. list of America’s 5,000 fastest growing companies. We are committed to delivering reliable broadband internet to everyone, regardless of where they live.
Building on a seven-year record of successfully consolidating rural internet service providers, All Points is aggressively partnering with underserved jurisdictions and electric utility companies to finally bridge the digital divide by extending fiber-to-the-home to currently unserved homes and businesses. In the past year, All Points has secured more than $300 million in local, state, and federal grants to support rural broadband deployment. There are more than 140,000 locations in our current FTTH construction pipeline, which is continuously expanding.
All Points’ lead investor is Searchlight Capital Partners, a private equity firm that is one of America’s leading broadband investors. Searchlight is a $9 billion fund that is the largest private investor in residential fiber in the United States, primarily through All Points, Consolidated Communications, and Ziply Fiber (formerly Frontier in the northwest states).
We are a team of hardworking individuals who are passionate about our mission and take pride in our work. We like what we do and who we do it with. We have empathy for others, and we treat our customers and coworkers with respect. We are cool under pressure and do not let obstacles or challenges stand in our way. We are objective, self-critical, and always looking to improve ourselves and our methods and procedures.
The Safety & Training Specialist supports the administration of company safety practices across all functional areas. Ensures employee compliance with safety best practices supporting a safety-first workplace environment. Supports the administration of all operational training programs. Working across operational functions to coordinate vendors, vendor content, employee training compliance and certification of technical training standards. Coordinates training issues with other non-operations functions such as sales and marketing as needed.
Safety & Training Specialist critical responsibilities:
- Develops critical safety program across field and network operations staff.
- Ensures safety practices in administrative office settings and develops common sense guidelines for administration and office personnel.
- Sources and leverages third party vendors to provide training content, compliance documents for State and Federal safety guidelines (OSHA).
- Coordinates regular safety training certification for technical staff (pole climbing, bucket trucks, etc.),
- Sources and coordinates regular safety update with staff, develops tailgate talk content and regular safety meetings across functions as needed.
- Sources third party vendors for technical ops training. Develops technician training and certifications to move technicians along a certification path of increased technical knowledge, capabilities, and compensation.
- Coordinates training for other company systems cross functionally and coordinated with other stakeholders to support that training.
- Investigates safety incidents and works with insurers when safety events occur and works with insurers to create a safety-first environment to lower the cost of safety operations.
- Inspects offices, equipment, and personnel to compliance.
- Ensures third party contractors are compliant with our safety guidelines.
- Work with other functions and departments on safety reporting guidelines.
- Develop learning opportunities for employees inside and outside their direct role as an initiative to broadly develop our team and leaders.
- Develop new employee onboarding training with HR department.
Qualifications of a strong candidate:
- Associates Degree (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- 5 years relevant experience training and/or safety experience required.
- Experience in telecommunications or utility industry preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Intermediate level experience in MS suite of products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort presenting to small to mid-size groups in presentations and training environments.
- Strong organizational skills
- Understanding of contracts and agreements, third party relationships.
Characteristics of a great APB team member:
- A consummate team collaborator! You ensure alignment to core values, vision, and mission throughout the organization.
- Intense and natural mission alignment with All Points Broadband
- Love working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial culture. Thus, you thrive in building things successfully from scratch.
- A systems thinker who gets a charge out of progress and continuous improvement as much as big milestones
The Safety & Training Specialist will be expected to report to work in the Company’s headquarters in Richmond, Virginia. The headquarters are located in the James Center in the heart of downtown with easy access to I-95 and the Downtown Expressway. Travel to regional office locations and field operations will be at the COO’s discretion.
All new All Points employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The Safety & Training Specialist will receive a competitive salary based on qualifications.
All Points offers industry-leading medical, dental and vision coverage, paid-time-off and 401(k) with Company match, among other benefits.