All Points Broadband is the leading, rural-facing internet service provider in the mid-Atlantic and a four-time honoree on the Inc. list of America’s5,000 fastest growing companies. We are committed to delivering reliable broadband internet to everyone, regardless of where they live.
Building on a seven-year record of successfully consolidating rural internet service providers, All Points is aggressively partnering with underserved jurisdictions and electric utility companies to finally bridge the digital divide by extending fiber-to-the-home to currently unserved homes and businesses. In the past year, All Points has secured more than $300 million in local, state, and federal grants to support rural broadband deployment. There are more than 140,000 locations in our FTTH construction pipeline.
All Points’ lead investor is Searchlight Capital Partners, a private equity firm that is one of America’s leading broadband investors.
We are a team of hardworking individuals who are passionate about our mission and take pride in our work. We like what we do and who we do it with. We have empathy for others, and we treat our customers and coworkers with respect. We are cool under pressure and do not let obstacles or challenges stand in our way. We are objective, self-critical, and always looking to improve ourselves and our methods and procedures.
All Points’ OSP division is focused on the delivery of broadband fiber to Northern Neck, VA in conjunction with multiple counties and electric utility companies. OSP is responsible for the end-to-end process of engineering through construction and the ideal candidate is comfortable working within these capacities and possess a desire to become competent in disciplines outside of assigned duties when necessary. APB believes in career development and advancement using training, on the job experience, and desire on behalf of the candidate to excel in the capacities outlined. We utilize a multitude of technologies and platforms to accomplish our goals of becoming an industry leader in broadband deployment in rural infrastructures. APB is currently seeking a motivated and dedicated person to join our team and contribute to our further growth and success within the market.
We are currently seeking a candidate for an OSP (Outside Plant) Permit Specialist to join our Fiber Team. The OSP Permit Specialist in the telecommunications field, is responsible for managing all necessary engineering and construction related permitting submittals to various jurisdictions for various telecom projects. Will work with the engineering team and vendors to resolve any conflicts that arise during permitting process and shall track multiple, concurrent permit submittals across multiple jurisdictions. The ideal candidate will be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. Must be an initiative-taker who will initiate action instead of waiting for direction. Additionally, will have the ability to display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
OSP Permit Specialist critical responsibilities:
- Works closely with OSP Engineers to create and review permit drawings and packages including traffic control, department of transportation, railroad, and complex lane closure (Traffic Control
- Plans) to ensure compliance with permit drawing requirements of the jurisdiction and or ROW contact.
- Research/navigates complex databases and uses critical thinking analysis to provide proper permit applications according to known practices and guidelines.
- Acquires permit fee amounts, complete permit application, and submit check requests ensuring timely permitting submittal and on time performance of the permitting process.
- Acquires all permits needed to enable construction activities. Prepares and updates internal permit tracking reports and schedules. Manages relationship to jurisdictions and ROW contacts such as municipalities, state agencies, and railroad to detail specific requirements including design specifications, permit lead times, points of contact, and specific requirements to expedite delivery process.
- Provides direct interface with contractors, jurisdictional authorities, etc. Works with the project team to understand priorities and communicates permit package deliverables.
- Prioritizes permit submittals based upon review/lead times and schedules. Determines requirements for permit and plan submissions, including review and updates to standards and forms if required.
- Maintains detailed records and reports related to all communication and interaction with permitting agencies.
- Manages interactions needed to enable the efficient and timely processing of the required permits.
- Adheres to and promotes the environmental, health and safety policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure effective operation of the department and the Company.
Qualifications of a strong candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related discipline, or the equivalent education and /or experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the telecommunications industry
- Minimum 1 years’ experience as a Permit Specialist/Right of Way Agent, particularly involving telecommunications permitting with outside plant, fiber optics, telecommunication architectures, and optical transport equipment is required.
- Project Management experience, preferably OSP, preferred
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel (required), PowerPoint and Outlook. SharePoint experience a plus.
- Must be familiar with telecommunications terms and infrastructure.
- AutoCAD, 3-GIS, and Google Earth experience preferred.
- Must be willing to learn new software, as necessary.
- Good decision making, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to meet critical due dates.
- Ability to complete tasks with latitude to decide what work will be required well in advance of actual activities.
- Excellent organization, time management and follow up skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills including a proven ability to listen and understand customers, as well as ability to work in a team environment.
Characteristics of a great APB team member:
- A consummate team collaborator! You ensure alignment to core values, vision, and mission throughout the organization.
- Intense and natural mission alignment with All Points Broadband
- Love working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial culture. Thus, you thrive in building things successfully from scratch.
- A systems thinker who gets a charge out of progress and continuous improvement as much as big milestones
The OSP Permit Specialist will be expected to report to work in the Company’s headquarters in Richmond, Virginia. The headquarters are located in the James Center in the heart of downtown with easy access to I-95 and the Downtown Expressway. Travel to regional office locations and field operations will be at the COO’s discretion.
All new All Points employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The OSP Permit Specialist will receive a competitive salary based on qualifications.
All Points offers industry-leading medical, dental and vision coverage, paid-time-off and 401(k) with Company match, among other benefits.