All Points Broadband is the leading, rural-facing internet service provider in the mid-Atlantic and a four-time honoree on the Inc. list of America’s 5,000 fastest growing companies. We are committed to delivering reliable broadband internet to everyone, regardless of where they live.
Building on a seven-year record of successfully consolidating rural internet service providers, All Points is aggressively partnering with underserved jurisdictions and electric utility companies to finally bridge the digital divide by extending fiber-to-the-home to currently unserved homes and businesses. In the past year, All Points has secured more than $300 million in local, state, and federal grants to support rural broadband deployment. There are more than 140,000 locations in our FTTH construction pipeline.
All Points’ lead investor is Searchlight Capital Partners, a private equity firm that is one of America’s leading broadband investors.
We are a team of hardworking individuals who are passionate about our mission and take pride in our work. We like what we do and who we do it with. We have empathy for others, and we treat our customers and coworkers with respect. We are cool under pressure and do not let obstacles or challenges stand in our way. We are objective, self-critical, and always looking to improve ourselves and our methods and procedures.
All Points’ OSP division is focused on the delivery of broadband fiber to Northern Neck, VA in conjunction with multiple counties and electric utility companies. OSP is responsible for the end-to-end process of engineering through construction and the ideal candidate is comfortable working within these capacities and possess a desire to become competent in disciplines outside of assigned duties when necessary. APB believes in career development and advancement using training, on the job experience, and desire on behalf of the candidate to excel in the capacities outlined. We utilize a multitude of technologies and platforms to accomplish our goals of becoming an industry leader in broadband deployment in rural infrastructures. APB is currently seeking a motivated and dedicated person to join our team and contribute to our further growth and success within the market.
Field Engineering Technician will:
- Perform GPS editing of telecom utility data
- Review and/or correct data integrity errors within the GIS Database
- Provide utility mapping support to both internal/external customers
- Understand the use of document management systems, filing, and document scanning
- Inspection of infrastructure facilities for customers related to utility systems
- Electric hazard identification, electric equipment identification, and communication equipment Identification
- Comply with all safety regulations and meet safety requirements to maintain a successful safety record
- Work schedules are typically 5 days per week, 10 hours per day, may require performing stand by duties or on-call work assignments
The successful candidate will have:
- Proficient use of field-based computers and tablets
- Ability to travel for work
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time, bend, reach and to move or carry items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to proficiently use a handheld camera, digital notepad, GPS unit and locate utility poles accurately
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Access).
- Knowledge of Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Presentations, Forms).
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings related to utility systems
- Excellent communication with internal and external customers
- Possesses strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and in various hours of the day or night and holidays as required
- High school diploma and valid driver’s license required
- Electric utility and telecommunications experience preferred
Location and Other Work Requirements:
The Field Engineering Technician will be expected to report to work in the Company’s headquarters in Richmond, Virginia on a regular basis, with reasonable teleworking permitted, comfortable working outside for extended periods of time, and travelling to various locations within the design areas for All Points Broadband. Candidate should expect a 40-hour work schedule with the possibility of overtime and holiday work when necessary.
All new All Points employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and will be expected to comply with any future public health or vaccination guidance regarding COVID-19 issued by relevant public health authorities. Standard MVR & background check and authorization to work in the United States will be required. The company reserves the right to conduct a pre-employment drug screening.
Field Engineering Technician will receive a competitive pay rate, based on qualifications
All Points offers industry-leading medical, dental and vision coverage, paid-time-off and 401(k) with Company match, among other benefits. This role would allow regular use of a company vehicle.