We are seeking a highly capable NOC technician to work at our network operations center. You will be diagnosing and resolving network issues, maintaining our network infrastructure, and collaborating with our IT team to enhance our network’s performance.
To ensure success as a NOC technician, you should demonstrate a solid knowledge of network infrastructure and experience in a similar role. A top-notch NOC technician will be someone whose expertise results in a stable, fast and secure network environment.
Network Operations Center (NOC) technician critical responsibilities:
Network Monitoring (Performance, quality and optimization)
- Utilizing network monitoring tools to identify network related issues on a Fiber and Wireless Network
- Add new network elements to network monitoring tools
- Monitor VMware and report issues to engineering
- Monitor Fiber network performance
- Manage and optimize unlicensed spectrum (RF Optimization)
- Configure/Change/Optimize Network Device configurations
- Tier 3 technical support
- Provide technical support to Field Construction and Operations
Communicate with area Field Managers on wireless network performance capacity and quality issues
- Communications and Incident Response
- Post and maintain network outage information on Company’s Website
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution
- Report outages for all Fiber Circuits using Vendor online tools or phone calls
- Coordinate and schedule network activities with Field Ops and Engineering
- Interface with 3rd party after-hours support on network-related issues
- Complete build sheets with all necessary information for all infrastructure work
Qualifications of a strong candidate:
- Experience configuring BGP and MPLS
- Working technical knowledge of SIP and VoIP
- Working technical knowledge of a Networking CLI. (Juniper, Cisco, or mikrotik)
- Ability to troubleshoot network routing issues.
- Experience configuring firewall rules.
- Experience configuring DNS and DHCP.
- Ability to program in an administrative language (e.g., Perl, Python, VBScript, Windows PowerShell)
- Ability to troubleshoot radio frequency interference
Characteristics of a great APB team member:
- A consummate team collaborator! You ensure alignment to core values, vision, and mission throughout the organization.
- Intense and natural mission alignment with All Points Broadband
- Love working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial culture. Thus, you thrive in building things successfully from scratch.
- A systems thinker who gets a charge out of progress and continuous improvement as much as big milestones
- All new All Points employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and shift work
- Participate in On-Call rotation
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician will receive a competitive salary based on qualifications.