We are recruiting a dynamic and driven GIS Engineering Technician who will work closely with the rest of the Company’s OSP division. We are looking for someone who is intelligent, has excellent interpersonal skills, and wants to become a key contributor to our team as our Company continues to grow. This is an opportunity to make your mark.
The OSP division is focused on the delivery of broadband fiber to Northern Neck, VA in conjunction with multiple counties and electric co-ops. OSP is responsible for the end-to-end process of engineering through construction and the ideal candidate is comfortable working within these capacities and possess a desire to become competent in disciplines outside of assigned duties when necessary. APB believes in career development and advancement using training, on the job experience, and desire on behalf of the candidate to excel in the capacities outlined. We utilize a multitude of technologies and platforms to accomplish our goals of becoming an industry leader in broadband deployment in rural infrastructures. APB is currently seeking a motivated and dedicated asset to join our team and contribute to our further growth and success within the market.
- Operate GIS hardware and software systems including but not limited to ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online, AutoCAD, Trimble, customer specific Fiber Management software: 3GIS, OSPInsight, GE Smallworld.
- Proficient in Microsoft Platforms: Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc.
- Gather, create, edit and manage geospatial data and attribute information in Enterprise Geodatabase, GeoJSON, Shapefiles, KMZ’s, and file geodatabases
- Perform GPS editing of telecom utility data
- Review and/or correct data integrity errors within the GIS Database
- Provide utility mapping support to both internal/external customers
- Understand the use of document management systems, filing, and document scanning
- Georeferencing/Digitizing GIS data
- Gather and utilize paid and freely available resources to gather GIS and related data files to investigate potential data corrections and updates
- Process and support field data collection within enterprise GIS systems
- Document and maintain processing procedures
- Create, maintain, and update web maps and external portals for customer experience
- Joint utility inspection and pole survey experience a plus
- Comply with all safety regulations and meet safety requirements to maintain a successful safety record
- Work schedules are typically 5 days per week, 8 hours per day, may require performing stand by duties or on-call work assignments
- 2-3+ years of GIS experience (utility sector experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Geography, Computer Science, Environmental science or related field, relevant work experience also considered (Preferred)
- Possess interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and coordinate with multiple business units both internal and external
- Ability to prioritize, schedule, meet deadlines and work independently of given assignments
- Experience with utility GIS systems and/or willingness to train on new platforms
- Overall proficiency with GIS platforms and geodatabases
- Ability to travel for work
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Access).
- Knowledge of Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Presentations, Forms).
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings related to utility systems
- Excellent communication with internal and external customers
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High school diploma and valid driver’s license required
- Electric utility and telecommunications experience preferred
Characteristics of a great APB team member:
- A consummate team collaborator! You ensure alignment to core values, vision, and mission throughout the organization.
- Intense and natural mission alignment with All Points Broadband
- Love working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial culture. Thus, you thrive in building things successfully from scratch.
- A systems thinker who gets a charge out of progress and continuous improvement as much as big milestones
All new All Points employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
GIS Engineering Technician will receive a competitive salary based on qualifications.
All Points offers industry-leading medical, dental and vision coverage, paid-time-off and 401(k) with Company match, among other benefits.