All Points Broadband is the leading, rural-facing internet service provider in the mid-Atlantic and a four-time honoree on the Inc. list of America’s 5,000 fastest growing companies. We are committed to delivering reliable broadband internet to everyone, regardless of where they live.
Building on a seven-year record of successfully consolidating rural internet service providers, All Points is aggressively partnering with underserved jurisdictions and electric utility companies to finally bridge the digital divide by extending fiber-to-the-home to currently unserved homes and businesses. In the past year, All Points has secured more than $300 million in local, state, and federal grants to support rural broadband deployment. There are more than 140,000 locations in our current FTTH construction pipeline, which is continuously expanding. In Loudoun County alone, this construction pipeline includes approximately 8,600 currently “unserved” locations who will be receiving APB’s fiber broadband within 24 months. Unserved locations in neighboring counties of Clarke and Fauquier will also be receiving APB’s fiber broadband.
All Points’ lead investor is Searchlight Capital Partners, a private equity firm that is one of America’s leading broadband investors. Searchlight is a $9 billion fund that is the largest private investor in residential fiber in the United States, primarily through All Points, Consolidated Communications, and Ziply Fiber (formerly Frontier in the northwest states).
We are a team of hardworking individuals who are passionate about our mission and take pride in our work. We like what we do and who we do it with. We have empathy for others, and we treat our customers and coworkers with respect. We are cool under pressure and do not let obstacles or challenges stand in our way. We are objective, self-critical, and always looking to improve ourselves and our methods and procedures.
All Points Broadband is looking for a Field Sales Representative that has the expertise to prospect, positively position our products and services, seek new clientele, up-sell current customer database, negotiate and close deals. This role will be responsible for growing the fiber and fixed wireless customer base in your area through signing up new accounts. You will work out of the Loudoun office alongside a team of technicians, an operations team, and customer service staff dedicated to our goal of serving the customer. You will report to the sales and marketing director.
Field Sales Representative critical responsibilities:
- Establishing relationships with prospective customers using prospecting techniques.
- Closing new business by signing up customers to achieve year over year growth initiatives.
- Attending community events and networking opportunities to bolster the All Points Broadband recognition within your geographic area.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of All Point Broadband product offerings and an ability to sell at each tier.
- Planning installations by evaluating location, locating access and laying-out equipment, and wiring plan.
- Serving as the customer’s primary contact from consultation to installation and working with the operations team to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintaining accurate records through documenting closed business and prospecting efforts.
- Identifying and communicating marketing effort success to the internal team.
- Maintaining a safe work environment by following safe practices and adhering to safety policies.
- Updating and improving job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Enhancing the organization’s reputation through personal accountability for accomplishing new and different requests and always striving to add value.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications of a strong candidate:
- Familiarity with the area in which you will be selling
- Some college or equivalent and education (Business related bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in the primary state of residence and be able to drive to and from multiple customer homes per workday (Must be deemed an insurable driver by the All Points Broadband’s insurance carrier)
- Must be able to speak clearly, concisely, and to communicate effectively in a courteous and professional manner
- Solid written communication skills required
- Must be able to expect and embrace change
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, CRM, and billing software systems preferred
- Six months experience in telecommunications, electrical, construction, or related field preferred
- Working knowledge of handheld electronics, including smart phones, tablets, etc. preferred
Characteristics of a great APB team member:
- A consummate team collaborator! You ensure alignment to core values, vision, and mission throughout the organization.
- Intense and natural mission alignment with All Points Broadband
- Love working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial culture. Thus, you thrive in building things successfully from scratch.
- A systems thinker who gets a charge out of progress and continuous improvement as much as big milestones
All new All Points employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The Field Sales Representative will receive a competitive salary based on qualifications. All Points offers industry-leading medical, dental and vision coverage, paid-time-off and 401(k) with Company match, among other benefits.