We are looking for a qualified Fiber team leader to manage our team and provide effective guidance. You will be responsible for supervising, managing and motivating team members daily.
As a Fiber team leader, you will be the contact point for all team members, so your communication skills should be excellent. You should also be able to act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration.
• Reports directly to the Sr. Mgr. OSP Operations
• Responsible for all aspects of field installation and premise repair of the Company’s fiber services
• Manage a team of Fiber Technicians of varying skill levels
• Responsible for personnel management and development, scheduling work assignments, technician vehicle management, safety compliance, material management and other duties as assigned
• Work with leadership to determine and gauge resource requirements on an ongoing basis for the fiber team
•Expedite customer escalation issues and owns customer contact for premise escalations
• Perform safety inspections of all team members
• Forecast and track budget and performance targets for installation and repair metrics
• Manage technicians’ work schedules to meet installation and repair demands
• Aid in developing technician training requirements and working with the technical training staff to ensure up-to-date and ongoing training curriculum
• Perform weekly quality inspections and safety reviews for each technician
• Perform customer satisfaction and follow-up visits to customer premise
• Supply performance feedback to subordinates on a continual basis, and deliver annual performance review for each technician
• Keep up to date on new Company initiatives and product offerings, and communicate downstream
• Manage and supply technical guidance and coaching to others
• Interface with various internal and external stakeholders
• Ensure Company tracking methods and systems are used to measure productivity levels, and perform regular review of job progress reports
• Communicate with team members ensuring cohesion across various departments
• Communicate daily with other departments ensuring cooperation across the business unit
• Document, update and keep robust and accurate plant records
• Manage relationships with regional utilities and local and state governments
• Participate in ongoing educational and networking opportunities to maintain and grow knowledge of fiber network operations, technology changes
Qualifications of a strong candidate:
• High School Diploma, or equivalent
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in fiber network construction, installation, and repair
• Knowledge of GIS software preferred, but not required
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Skilled in OSP and fiber construction and repair-related details (Aerial, Underground, Buried, Splicing, Installation, etc.)
• Knowledge of OSHA and other safety-related practices
• Ability to work in indoor and outdoor environments in any weather conditions
• May be required to work on a rotating on-call schedule for emergencies
• Position may require local travel in the Virginia market to assist other areas
• Valid driver’s license
• Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening and background check
Characteristics of a great APB team member:
• A consummate team collaborator! You ensure alignment to core values, vision, and mission throughout the organization.
• Intense and natural mission alignment with All Points Broadband
• Love working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial culture. Thus, you thrive in building things successfully from scratch.
•A systems thinker who gets a charge out of progress and continuous improvement as much as big milestones
May be required to work 8-hour or 10-hour shifts – including non-traditional tours. May be required to work; day, evening, night, or weekend tours, overtime, emergency callouts, weekends, and holidays required
All new All Points employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The Fiber Team Lead will receive a competitive salary based on qualifications.
All Points offers industry-leading medical, dental and vision coverage, paid-time-off and 401(k) with Company match, among other benefits.