- As this is a full-time position, the new employee will be eligible for benefits available to existing employee of similar rank & tenure, including company-sponsored health insurance.
- Full-time employment is considered “at-will” and requires agreement to a proprietary information & inventions agreement and a nondisclosure agreement.
- Must provide professional references for the company to contact
- Must meet company hiring criteria for pre-employment screening, including criminal background check, fitness for duty, and MVR check
Depends on experience and qualifications
Under general supervision, in an in-bound call center environment, Customer Support Representatives will provide technical and network problem resolution to users (either customers or company field technicians) by performing a question diagnosis while guiding users through step-by-step solutions. Solutions include, but are not limited to, resolving username and password problems, verifying proper hardware and software set up, power cycling equipment, verifying billing information, and troubleshooting connectivity issues. Support to users will be provided by clearly communicating technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner.
Customer Support Representatives will occasionally communicate with company field technicians during customer installations or service calls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services;
- Interact with company’s field technician as remote technical support;
- Gather customer’s information and determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms;
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving internet connectivity or email clients;
- Research required information using available resources; follow standard processes and procedures;
- Accurately process and record call transactions using designated tracking software;
- Organize ideas and communicate oral messages appropriate to listeners and situations;
- Follow up and make scheduled call backs to customers where necessary;
Skills, Knowledge, & Qualifications:
- Proper phone etiquette; demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar;
- Knowledge of or ability to learn relevant software computer applications and equipment;
- Knowledge of or ability to learn customer service principles and practices;
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; and takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Deals effectively with others in antagonistic situations, using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict.
- Possesses, acquires, and maintains the technical/professional expertise required to do the job effectively and to create effective customer solutions. Technical/professional expertise is demonstrated through problem solving, applying technical knowledge, and product and service management for the functional area in which employee operates.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time; position requires use of headset/microphone.